Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Brunch Punch!!


So, this must have been the MOST fun I have had with cooking!! When I heard that Anna Sward from Protein Pow(d)er was having a Protein Pancake competition, I immediately started dreaming up images of the most wonderful flavors and pancake creations! Serioulsy, I was so excited to get cooking that I had about 3 sleepless nights!! This is what I came up with -


Check out her website (http://proteinpow.com/) to see my Protein Pancake Entry! 
( Every view counts, and the recipe with the most views is the winner!! (:  ) Being an Elementary School Teacher in South Korea most definitely influenced my recipe. I drew my inspiration from something I deal with EVERYDAY.. The alphabet and colors..

Believe it or not, but these pancakes are all made from the same recipe ! With exception to one KEY ingredient - the liquidy part.
The basic ingredients are 

Basic pancake recipe

This recipe yields 3 lovely fluffy and moist pancakes. 
  • 4 heaped tbsp of almond flour
  • 2 tbsp of oat flour
  • 1 scoop of Vanilla Whey Protein Powder
  • 1 tsp of honey
  • 1 tbs of baking powder
  • 1 heaped tbs of butter beans
  • 3 egg whites
  • 1/2 cup of milk / beet puree / orange juice /blueberry puree

P. erfect Red is my twist on the classic Red Velvet- substitute the milk for 1/2 a cup of beet puree mixed with a tspn of cocoa and a tspn of vinegar. 

O. range Chilli Choc is a delicious combination of sweet and spicy- substitute the milk for 1/2 a cup of freshly squeezed orange juice.

W. hey to Blue is a fresh, fruity mix - substitute the milk for 1/2 a cup of blueberry puree, and a dash of cocoa.

I baked the pancakes and then cut out the letters with a stencil. Ofcourse, you could just enjoy them just as they are too.The Butter beans in the recipe lower the G.I. and add a lovely moistness.

Method to the madness:


 After the pancake has slightly cooled, yo can cut out the letters with a stencil.

The subs  for O.range Chilli Choc and W.hey to Blue.

                                          



No comments:

Post a Comment