Monday, January 21, 2013

Chicken Curry with Cashew nuts


I never even used to eat pepper. Maybe because my first memory of 'hot stuff' was of it being smeared all over my face in an EPIC food battle at a Youth Camp when I was 8 years old. No doubt, it left me washing out my puffy eyes with milk for the rest of the camp!

However, since I've moved to Korea I've really taken to hot/spicy food! Probably because you can't really avoid it in Asia..  (:  I made this dish the other day, and it was DELICIOUS!! Tasty, spicy, hot...... just enough to warm me up on a -21' day of snow.

Ingredients

500 g chicken pieces
1 onion
1 Red Pepper
a handful of cashew nuts
2 tablespoons of peanut butter
2 tablespoons of curry powder
Salt and pepper
1 cup of coconut milk
half a cup of water
1 tablespoon flour

To garnish
half a cup of peas, some herbs, slices of banana. 


How to..

Saute sliced onions, and diced Red Pepper
Add chicken pieces, and season with salt. .
When chicken is browned sprinkle over the curry powder, and half a cup of water. 
Allow to simmer for 15 minutes.
When liquid has reduced check that the chicken is cooked. 
Add the cashew nuts
Mix 1 tablespoon of flour with some coconut milk to form a paste. 
Pour the rest of the coconut milk over the chicken, and add the paste.  Allow the sauce to thicken... and DONE! 

 There you go!! AUTHENTIC Oriental Chicken curry. i made some for my friends, and they LOVED IT! (: 



Serve with some noodles, and garnish with fresh garden peas, some herbs and a few slices of banana. 

See you ladle
Sanja








No comments:

Post a Comment